Every two years both Wokingham Without and Crowthorne Parish Councils jointly award a deserving individual or group working voluntarily in either of the two parishes.
Wokingham Without and Crowthorne Parish Councils wish to give public recognition by an award to individuals who have contributed significantly to the quality of life in either of the two parishes by their public/community activity.
A Special Award may also be given to a group or organisation established in either parish for its contribution to community life.
Community Awards 2016
Were hosted by Crowthorne Parish Council. Congratulations to –
- David Richards – in recognition of his voluntary work for the Crowthorne Stroke and Disabled Club
- Joan Newland – in recognition of her extensive voluntary work for the Community of Crowthorne
- Tony Morton – in recognition of his extensive voluntary work for the Community of Crowthorne
- Daphne Partridge – in recognition of her significant voluntary contributions in assisting sight impaired residents of Crowthorne
- Phil Metcalf – in recognition of his significant voluntary contributions as a Trustee for the Walter Recreation Ground Charity
- Nicholas Abbott – in recognition of his substantial voluntary contributions towards the annual display of Christmas lighting
- Rosemary Jones – posthumous award in recognition of her significant voluntary work for COATS, RDA, Red Cross, RNLI and St Johns Church
- SIBIT – in recognition of the voluntary work undertaken in donating redundant computers to local Crowthorne charities
- Crowthorne Carnival Committee – in recognition of the substantial work undertaken to organise and manage the Carnival parade and events week
- The Invincibles – in recognition of the extensive work undertaken to organise a range of activities and outings for local residents
- Crowthorne Methodist Church Garden Team – in recognition of their extensive work in maintaining the church garden
The next Community Awards will be made in 2018 and will be hosted by Wokingham Without.